Oversees all preparations of meals for restaurant guests with emphasis on presentation and food quality and ensures sanitation standards for all food outlets.
Reports To: Food and Beverage Director
- Ability to plan work schedules and assign duties; ability to provide or arrange for training.
- Ability to plan menus
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Maintain standards for food and beverage cost controls
- Ability to read, understands, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to develop test recipes and/or techniques for food preparation/presentation.
- Skill in cooking and preparing a variety of foods.
- Possesses strong planning, scheduling and problem-solving/decision making skills.
- High energy and positive demeanor.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrates teamwork and customer service focus.
- Any duty as required by management.
Responsible for overall supervision of all resort kitchen staff in every food and beverage outlet.
- Inspects food and food preparation areas to maintain high quality standards and ensures sanitation and safe food handling procedures are followed in all food and beverage outlets.
- Makes certain that adequate food inventories are available for daily operations in addition to those needed for special events or functions.
- Plans and conducts training sessions for kitchen staff in all food and beverage outlets, with emphasis on safe food-handling practices and techniques, food preparation procedures, and other topics related to the culinary arts.
- Prepares operating and sanitation standards and prepares equipment operating safety standards for all Food & Beverage outlets, and conducts regular inspections of food preparation and service areas to ensure quality, cleanliness and safety as required by the Department of Health.
- Prepares schedules for resort kitchen staff and approves dining room, banquet, and dinner cruise schedules.
- Meets weekly with the Food & Beverage Director to discuss and prepare menu presentation standards and recipes, as well as preparation of test recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which ensures consistent high quality, minimize food costs, and exercise portion control over all items served.
- Prepare and present menu costing and pricing.
- Review of Profit & Loss Statements to ensure labor costs and food costs are consistent with budget projections and reports any discrepancies of food costs as compared to budget guidelines.
- Conducts inventory on food supplies and places food orders weekly and establishes controls to minimize food waste and theft.
- Responsible for security of all inventory and equipment and ensures that inventory is conducted on a monthly basis.
- Participates in hiring, training, evaluating and necessary disciplinary actions of all resort kitchen staff and is responsible for enforcing standards of dress and ensures employees are properly uniformed.
- Performs other related duties as directed by the Food & Beverage Director.
- Minimum 2 years Executive Chef experience in fast paced environment
- Requires moderate physical activity, handling of average-weight objects, up to 50 lbs, and standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Work involves moderate exposure to extreme temperatures, fumes, smoke, odors, and/or loud noises.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
Group Sales & Catering Coordinator
Assist with the preparation, coordination & delivery of events. Verify meeting details are in place
Prospect for new business – participate in local sales calls with travel industry sales manager, cold calling and contacting former clients to solicit new business and attend industry events/programs as needed
Event Sales (weddings, events and meetings)
Enter, retrieve, verify & assist with fulfillment of leads
Process & handle group rooming lists, reservations & requests by inputting data into system
Create contracts, banquet event orders & correspondence
Distribute department information with tentative & definite groups on an ongoing basis
Perform general office duties such as greeting visitors, ordering supplies, answering phones, filing, copying, faxing & more. Creating Sales kits & restocking supply area as appropriate
- Highly motivated & ability to multi-task while in a fast-paced environment
- Required to have Word & Excel experience. Delphi/Amadeus experience helpful
- Flexible to work varying schedules, including some weekends, depending on business needs
- Must be able to work independently & as a team member
- High School graduate with a minimum of one year hotel or related experience
Position Purpose: This position works directly with and in the absence of the Executive Chef to maintain and improve the culinary operations. Must be a liaison with all departments within the kitchen and all other departments of the resort. Skills and knowledge to include cost control; communication skills; training skills and knowledge of all kitchen related tasks; computer skills, kitchen department organizational skills and knowledge; guest contact and staff management experience. This position will work under the supervision of the Executive Chef or Director of Culinary Standards/Director of Food & Beverage if the Executive Chef is not on duty.
- 1-2 years experience in a restaurant/resort environment
- Cook or Chef de Partie in a hotel or restaurant
- Excellent cooking skills
- Very good oral and written communication
- Experienced in training subordinates in large quantity food preparation and excellent knowledge of quality food operations
- Very good creative skills to enhance buffet presentations
- Has the ability to taste all foods to assure correct preparation
- Product cost and quality conscious
- Enforces the established working schedule for the galley team
- Assume complete managerial coverage during breaks or meetings.
- Control overtime according to the rules and proper time management procedures, work within the set budget.
- Work as a team member. All changes go through the Executive Chef and are approved by the Director of F & B before implemented
- Strive for creativity with food presentation and theme buffets.
- Enforce “Clean as you go” work habits; train safe work habits and alert the crew to notify the supervisors on duty of any dangerous or unsafe places in the work area at once.
- Maintain Daily Line Checks and time and temperatures are in line with the Department of Health Regulations.
- Maintain proper storing and proper date labeling of product on a daily and shift by shift basis.
- Be instrumental in organizing an efficient flow of production. Check all daily events, delegate and follow up. Keep Ex Chef and Director informed at all times.
- Maintain menus and food quality up to standards set by the Director; constantly strive to upgrade food quality and presentation and establish necessary controls that would assure a high level of quality.
- Be responsible to control food and labor cost in your area, conforming to Department and Corporate guidelines and following the budget expectations.
- Sign all food requisitions and make the proper adjustments to information given.
- Check food handling and storage procedure wherever food is handled; Control food waste and make sure unused food is returned to the storeroom on a daily basis for credit.
- Adjust food orders to the guest count.
- Check on all galley equipment in your area that has to be fixed and report to the Executive Chef/or Food & Beverage Director on a daily basis.
- Assure proper cleanliness and sanitation of galley and food storage areas and equipment in all such areas, according the standards established by the local Department of Health to assure a high standard of cleanliness and organization is maintained daily and on a shift by shift basis.
- Check all food storerooms daily; Check cleanliness and proper storage of food; Assure food is well rotated and FIFO procedure is being followed.
- Look for solutions to improve guest complaints: The Restaurant Managers are your best friend! On a daily basis discuss any ideas, up-grades and positive changes with them and relate solutions to the Executive Chef for weekly meetings with F & B Director.
- Enforce proper use of uniforms and check constantly that all prepared food is handled with gloves as directed by the Department of Health.
- Other duties as may be required by management
Job Description : The Line Cook is responsible for preparing and cooking food items in accordance with company standards following all safety and sanitary procedures. A Line Cook must coordinate orders to ensure they are cooked timely and with accuracy. To produce all assigned menu items in an efficient and consistent manner while following the specifications, recipes and techniques of the company.
Reports To: Head Chef/Kitchen Manager
- Quality and speed of output
- Ability to work other employees (Teamwork)
- Knowledge of company food specifications and plating
- Sanitary food handling; Cleanliness
- Takes pride in work, follows direction, and reliable
- Organizational skills, attention to details, and tolerance for repetition
- Demonstrates knowledge of menu and ingredients used in recipes.
- Ensures food temperature appropriate for menu item, correctly portioned, with attractive plate presentation, according to company standards, and recipes.
- Keep work area and equipment organized and clean according to sanitation requirements.
- Responds to and provides any items called for or requested.
- Interact with other stations as needed.
- Assist other positions when needed.
- Assist in maintaining product quantities on the line.
- At the end of shift, consolidates, wraps, and sticker dates food items informing Director of Food and Beverage of inventory information.
- Ensures proper rotation of all products.
- Assist in extended duties as directed by the Head Chef/Kitchen Manager.
- Must follow proper safety precautions at all times to prevent injuries. Gloves and slip resistant shoes required.
- Must be able to stand (100%), walking (20%), lifting and carrying (0-50 pounds), frequent reaching/grasping/handling/frequent pushing and pulling (0-30 pounds), occasional stooping/bending/crouching.
- Exert fast-paced mobility for entire shift.
- Must be able to work in hot to cold temperatures.
- May frequently be exposed to fumes and odors from cooking and cleaning supplies or material.
Facilities Landscaper: Job Description: To perform a variety of semi-skilled and skilled tasks in the maintenance of Sea Trail Resort grounds landscape. Must be able to work as a team member, work carefully and follow all of the safety standards and Resort policies.
Reports To: Director of Facilities-IT
- Care and maintain landscape around Resort buildings.
- Fertilize, mulch, weed, trim bushes, mow.
- Apply insecticides, herbicides and pesticides.
- Operate equipment, power tools and hand tools.
- Power wash.
- Drive light and heavy vehicles.
- Knowledge of methods, tools, materials, and equipment used in landscape maintenance.
- Ability to work as a team member to accomplish daily-required duties and aide the new or less experienced worker.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- All other duties required by management.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to exert physical strength.
- Ability to work in various climates and temperatures.
- Ability to work as a team member and follow directions.
- Normal vision and hearing.
- Ability to lift 50 + pounds.
- Requires a valid Drivers License
FACILITIES MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT
Assists and performs maintenance repairs on all Resort facilities and rental program units. A facilities crewmember is required to have the ability to perform various types of maintenance and landscaping repairs. Must work carefully and follow all of the safety standards and Resort policies.
• Retrieve and respond to work orders, guest and resort facility needs
• Perform inspection and repairs for rental program rooms and respond to guest needs
• Perform minor building and equipment repair for Resort facilities/buildings and departments, including minor landscaping duties when required
• Promote and maintain safety in the work place by following all safety and hazard standards and Resort procedures
• Perform inspection of resort buildings and grounds and facilitate the necessary repairs and maintenance needed
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Knowledge and ability to perform general maintenance duties involving troubleshooting and repairs of: minor electrical, television, cable, carpentry, plumbing, painting, and mechanical (repairing and installing locks; replacing light bulbs; batteries, etc.)
• Ability to promptly and accurately troubleshoot problems
• Ability to operate equipment necessary to perform necessary tasks, including but not limited to hand tools, power tools, power washers, lawn mowers, weed eaters, landscape blowers, etc.
• Must have excellent written and oral communication to understand and follow procedures
• Mental acuity to define problems, detect odors, describe noises, and make valid judgments and decisions to solve problems
• Ability to multitask and work with little or no supervision
• Must be physically and mentally alert
• Must be available to work flexible AM and PM weekday/weekend schedules as well as be available for on call scheduling for afterhours emergencies
• Excellent hearing and visual acuity (with or without correction)
• Dexterity sufficient to use hand and power tools
• Excellent mobility
• Ability to read and comprehend directions
• Ability to work in various climates and temperatures
• Must have the ability to lift, carry, and move equipment of various weights – minimal amount of 50 lbs
• Bending, stooping, climbing stairs & ladders
• Ability to work at various heights
• Possess a valid issued driver’s license
Housekeeping Villa Attendant
Position Purpose: The primary responsibilities of a Villa Attendant are to thoroughly clean, restock, and organize all assigned guest villas.
Must be very organized with the ability to work efficiently and demonstrate excellent cleaning skills.
Ability to follow direction, policies, and procedures.
Must always express a pleasant, polite, and professional attitude when in contact with guests, supervisors, and co-workers.
Responsible for cleaning assigned rooms to meet standards
Follow room cleaning checklists listing the required duties
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, vacuuming, dusting, making beds, disinfecting and deodorizing kitchens and bathrooms, removing trash, cleaning floors, operating dishwashers, cleaning exterior porches and entranceways, etc.
Ensure rooms are stocked with standard guest amenities as set forth for each room
Perform all other duties required to clean units to Sea Trail Resort's specifications.
Report any unit condition deficiencies immediately to supervisor
Inform Villa Supervisor of any changes in unit status and upon completion of cleaning unit.
Return all lost and found articles to Housekeeping Department
Required to follow all safety rules and policies at all times.
Any other duties required by management
Must always report to work in clean uniforms and present a professional appearance.
Ability to read and write is required to complete forms.
Ability to work in various climates with hot and cold temperatures.
Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
Must have knowledge and ability to use all household appliances.
Must be physically able to walk up/down stairs.
Must provide own transportation
Ability to lift or carry up to 25 to 50 pounds.
Housekeeping - Houseman
Housekeeping - Houseman
Job Description: Responsibilities of the Houseperson are to assist the field staff with delivery and pick up of linens, paper goods and other products needed to prepare the room for a guest stay. The Houseperson can assist with minor repairs as needed.
- Ability to follow directions, policies and procedures.
- Always express a pleasant, polite and professional attitude when in contact with guests, supervisors and co-workers.
- Punctual, reliable and dependable.
- Must be organized and work efficiently.
- Ability to follow directions, policies, and procedures.
- Must always express a pleasant, polite, and professional attitude when in contact with guests, supervisors, and co-workers.
- Follow assigned section papers.
- Empty Bins, stock/stack and/or bag linens
- Make deliveries upon request from Housekeeping as well as other departments.
- Assist with spring clean duties such as ceiling fans, moving furniture and cleaning patios.
- Ability to operate small machinery and appliances.
- Ability to perform minor repairs if needed.
- Removal of used linen and trash from landings consistently throughout the day.
- Perform tasks assigned by management and other departments courteously.
- Answer all calls quickly and courteously.
- Complete daily assignment sheet and turn in on a daily basis.
- Report all needed repairs and/or replacement items needed
- Accommodate all guest requests and possess exemplary behavior and guest interaction skills.
- Report all safety hazards or suspicious activities
- Properly document and turn in all lost and found items to the Housekeeping Department
- Must know, understand and follow proper chain of command
- Must know, understand and follow ALL policies and procedures including, but not limited to, safety procedures
- Any additional duties that management requires.
- Must arrive to work ON TIME!
- Present a professional appearance
- Ability to read and write is required to complete required forms in their entirety
- Ability to work in various climate with hot and cold temperatures
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Must have knowledge and ability to use all household and/or commercial appliances
- Must be physically able to walk up/down stairs
- Ability to lift or carry 25 to 50+ pounds
Guest Services/Front Desk
Front Desk/Reservations Agent
The purpose of this position is to interact with our guests and ensure they have a great experience when staying at the Sea Trail Resort. This person is also responsible for responding to guest calls or inquiries about room reservations to provide information and reserve rooms for guests coming to the resort. The Front Desk/Reservations Agent will continue the arrival experience by ensuring clear communication with guests, obtaining all necessary information and providing the guest a room that meets their expectations. Agents will be well versed in promotions, events, pricing and sales strategy to meet the guest’s request.
- Answer incoming calls and assist with reservations, confirmations, room need requests and questions.
- Explain resort products, service and other information about the resort as requested.
- Sell, process, enter and confirm room reservations using selling techniques and strategies.
- Maintain knowledge of current resort events, activities, hours of operation as well as dining options currently available.
- Greet guests warmly and perform registration procedures.
- Provide guests with appropriate room assignments, room keys, directions to the rooms, while up-selling when appropriate.
- Verify payment for stay including incidental costs by obtaining credit card information.
- Assist guests with issues and inquiries, with empathy and a focus on guest satisfaction. Use supervisor support when necessary.
- Answer incoming calls within 3 rings with appropriate greeting.
- Create maintenance work orders and process appropriately.
- Maintain accurate logs of mail, packages, parcels or other items for guest delivery.
- Maintain accurate logs for work orders, housekeeping requests and guest satisfaction.
- Accurate accounting of cash bank assigned to each agent.
- Post charges to guest accounts as designated.
- Facilitate guest departures providing accurate statements and ensuring guest satisfaction and collecting all payments due.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous guest service and reservations experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Must be fluent in verbal and written English.
- Excellent computer and typing skills are required. Excel and Word proficiency desired.
- Previous call-center experience preferred.
- Excellent listening and comprehension skills required.
Discretion / Independent Judgment
This position does represent the company in handling inquiries, arbitrating disputes or resolving grievances. As a Front Desk/Reservations Agent, you will be expected to work with guests and visitors to ensure satisfaction. A Front Desk Agent/Reservations Agent will have to take initiative and get creative in resolving guest challenges and involve a supervisor only when previous methods have been unsuccessful.
- Ability to speak and hear
- Close and distance vision
- Identify and distinguish colors
- Frequent standing with some walking and sitting
- Will stand for long periods of time
- Frequently lifts/carries up to 5 lbs.
- Occasionally lifts/carries up to 25 lbs.
- Generally in an indoor office setting
- Will be using a computer frequently
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
This position is responsible for greeting guests at the door. The host/hostess seats and presents clean menus to guests in a friendly, professional and quick manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greets and seats guests, presents menus to guests, informs them of special catch and soups.
- Treats all guests in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction.
- Always strives to exceed guests' expectations.
- Takes names on a waiting list. Runs the floor plan board.
- Observes tables and keeps track of clean, dirty and occupied tables.
- Takes guest information and quotes wait times to guests accurately when tables are not immediately available.
- Cleans, organizes and stocks menus at host area.
- Answers phone and answers questions concerning the menu and restaurant.
- Interacts with guests as they arrive and as they leave the restaurant to ensure positive dining experience.
- Fills to-go orders, if applicable.
- Maintains restrooms throughout shift.
- Sweeps foyer and front entrance area frequently.
- Performs other duties as directed.
Customer Focus. Communication Proficiency. Organizational Skills. Stress Management/Composure. Multi-task oriented.
A restaurant and bar environment. The work station may be drafty due to its location by the door, and the work environment noise level can be loud. Hazards may include, but are not limited to, slipping and tripping.
Stands during entire shift.
75% -- Reaches, bends and stoops frequently.
20% -- Carries 20-lb. highchair about 10 times per shift over medium distances (20-30 feet).
50% -- Verbally communicates with guests and phone callers.
Must be able to read, write and determine wait time based on Sea Trail Resort's procedures. Must be able to visually scan restaurant for clean, unoccupied tables. This position requires frequent washing of hands.
Preferred Education and Experience
Prior restaurant experience. High school diploma or GED.
Beverage Cart Server/Attendant
Beverage Cart Attendant
Responsible for food and beverage service on golf course, stock car and replenish, handle daily inventory on concession cart and provide quality customer service.
Reports To: Server Supervisor
- Should be friendly and enjoy interaction with patrons/guests
- Good interpersonal skills
- Enjoy working with people
- Flexible work schedule
- Good mathematical, cash-handling skills
- Must be able to drive a golf cart
- Stock beverage cart on a continuous basis with items according to established departmental guidelines
- Drive beverage cart across golf courses
- Accommodate special guest requests
- Keep beverage cart clean and sanitary at all times
- Responsible for properly handling transactions and daily cash drops that will be reflected in periodic audit banks
- Maintain an inventory sheet that reflects daily sales.
- Other duties as may be required by management
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather climates
- Required to stand, sit, walk and occasionally to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must have excellent vision
Public Area Attendant
Job Description: The primary responsibilities of a Public Area Attendant are to clean, restock and show attention to detail in the public and common areas in all buildings and facilities on Sea Trail Resort property.
Reports To: Housekeeping Supervisor
- Ability to follow directions, policies and procedures.
- Always express a pleasant, polite and professional attitude when in contact with guests, supervisors and co-workers.
Must be organized and work efficiently.
Ability to read and write is required to complete required forms in their entirety.
- Maintain the outside of buildings and facilities cleaning areas as required.
- Monitor restrooms and clean at regular intervals during shift.
- Vacuum common areas and all offices floors.
- Remove trash from bathrooms, common areas and all offices.
- Clean glass doors and mirrors regularly.
- Stock toilet tissue, paper towels and Kleenex tissue as needed.
- Maintain records on all supplies used.
- Wet mop bathrooms and other required areas.
- Must sign-out and in cart keys.
- Return all lost and found items to Housekeeping department.
- Required to follow all safety rules and policies at all times.
- Ability to operate small machinery when necessary.
- Able to perform small repairs such as light bulbs as required.
- Report to work in clean uniform with ID Badge in visible area.
- Present a professional appearance.
- Ability to work in various climates with hot and cold temperatures.
- Work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Must have knowledge and ability to use all household appliances.
- Must be physically able to walk up and down stairs.
- Ability to lift or carry 25 to 50 pounds